Sam Walsh AO
Co-Patron, Chair and Board Member
Sam Walsh AO, has had a long and diverse engagement with Arts and Culture, concurrent with his 25 year career with Rio Tinto where he was ultimately appointed Group CEO in London.
He is Co-Patron of Voyces, the Choral Collective and a WASO Orchestral Chair Sponsor.
His previous notable appointments in the Arts include:
- Chair of Black Swan State Theatre, Western Australia.
- Chair of the Western Australian Chamber for Arts and Culture.
- Chair of Australian Business Arts Foundation, Western Australia
- Director of the Royal Opera House and Ballet (Covent Garden), United Kingdom
- Chair of the Australia Council for the Arts, Australia